Individuals can choose any combination of services below. I provide services to individuals ages 13-30.
See "Service Delivery/Rates" for how to begin services.
1) What is “work” and why is it necessary?- Reviewing what role work has in our lives including social and financial reasons
2) Employability Skills- What training, work experiences and skill set do you have that makes employment possible?
3) Accessing Job Information- using newspapers, internet, businesses, making “cold calls”
4) Resume Writing- using previous work/volunteer experiences to set you apart
5) Application Process- where to get applications, what to write and how to submit them
6) Interview Preparation- looking professional, speaking clearly, eye contact, asking questions, what happens during an interview
7) Following Up- what happens after an interview and how to approach the business
8) You Got An Offer- what steps typically take place after you are told you have a job
9) Workplace Expectations- preparing for the first day, understanding what role you have and the responsibility placed on you in the workplace
10) Turning “We’re Not Hiring” or not hearing back into a positive- staying focused and positive to learn from these types of experiences
1) Positive social relationships- peer to peer, within groups, understanding people (we hold a "Night Out" once per month for individuals- this involves a social activity/outing paired with a meal of some type)
2) Importance of morals and ethics- also learning about trust and taking responsibility for our actions and words
3) Decision making, problem solving and coping skills
4) Community access and resources- activities, events, places of interest
5) Time Management/Organizational Skills- utilizing a personal calendar to chart medical appointments, work schedules and upcoming events
6) Hygiene Routines and Self-Presentation
7) Personal Finance- understanding a paycheck, check writing, balancing a bank account, budgeting for “fun” and bill paying, making purchases, credit
8) Public Transportation- learning about bus, train and plane schedules, access, booking tickets and safety.
9) Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyles
10) Using multi-media- telephone use (how to prepare for and hold a conversation over the phone), internet, movies/music, newspapers, magazines